Need help completing the 2020-2021 FAFSA?
If so, reps from Shawnee College will be at the Anna Extension Center on October 8 from 2 to 6 pm to assist you in completing the application. A FAFSA must be on file to receive a scholarship, grant, or loan at any college or university. Check in the guidance office for more information. Or, you can contact Shawnee College at (618) 634-3200, option #1, option #2.
Need help figuring out how to pay for college?
- www.lendedu.com – Lots of good information (including videos) about student loans and scholarships
- https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/ – Information about federal student grants and loans
- https://fafsa.ed.gov/ – To fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA – required at all colleges, no matter how much money your family makes)
- www.fastweb.com – A free scholarship database
- www.goingmerry.com – A free scholarship common application site. Create a free account, be matched with scholarships, and apply for multiple scholarships using one application.
- studentscholarships.org – Information regarding a variety of scholarships.
- https://www.collegecovered.com/?acmpgn=E_EAW_CSEM_BM_X_BMHS3– Free resource for planning and paying for college.
- https://web3.ncaa.org/ecwr3/ – Info on athletic scholarships and NCAA eligibility
- Local scholarships
*If interested in Military Tuition Assistance programs, see the Military Information page.
See the presentation Paying for College for more in-depth explanations of financial aid.