Need help completing the 2020-2021 FAFSA?
If so, reps from Shawnee College will be at the Anna Extension Center on October 8 from 2 to 6 pm to assist you in completing the application. A FAFSA must be on file to receive a scholarship, grant, or loan at any college or university. Check in the guidance office for more information. Or, you can contact Shawnee College at (618) 634-3200, option #1, option #2.
Need help figuring out how to pay for college?
- www.lendedu.com – Lots of good information (including videos) about student loans and scholarships
- https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/ – Information about federal student grants and loans
- https://fafsa.ed.gov/ – To fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA – required at all colleges, no matter how much money your family makes)
- www.fastweb.com – A free scholarship database
- www.goingmerry.com – A free scholarship common application site. Create a free account, be matched with scholarships, and apply for multiple scholarships using one application.
- studentscholarships.org – Information regarding a variety of scholarships.
- https://www.collegecovered.com/?acmpgn=E_EAW_CSEM_BM_X_BMHS3– Free resource for planning and paying for college.
- https://web3.ncaa.org/ecwr3/ – Info on athletic scholarships and NCAA eligibility
- Local scholarships
- Juniors and Seniors – are you looking for a full or part time job? Do you like working with your hands? Timberline offers a variety of employment options that could fit your needs as you continue your education or try to find your footing.More information, including the application, is available in the guidance office or go to www.timberlinefisheries.com
*If interested in Military Tuition Assistance programs, see the Military Information page.
See the presentation Paying for College for more in-depth explanations of financial aid.