Fall: Students are provided with their schedule for the fall semester of the upcoming school year in May (incoming freshmen receive theirs at Freshman Fair). The hours on the schedule may change as classes continue to be balanced, but the courses should not. Students may change their fall schedule any time at the end of the year or over the summer. There will be no schedule changes for the fall semester after the first day of school in August.
Spring: Students are provided with their spring schedule in December. They have until the last day of the fall semester to request a schedule change. There will be no schedule changes for the spring semester after Christmas Break.
Acceptable reasons for a schedule change:
- You’ve been placed in the wrong class
- You changed your mind about an elective
- You need something in order to meet a requirement (either for graduation or college)
- You are waiving PE and need a different class
Unacceptable reasons for a schedule change:
- You don’t like the teacher
- You want class with your friends
- You want your classes in a certain order
- You want a different lunch (unless you have a medical condition)