Senior Graduation Information
Graduation for the class of 2021 will be Saturday, May 22nd at 7:30.
In case of inclement weather, graduation will be May 23rd.
- Friday, May 14: Seniors’ last day of regular classes.
- Sunday, May 16: Baccalaureate Service: This is a service for seniors and their families to celebrate graduation. The service will begin at 2:00 in the auditorium. This service has been organized by several senior class members. At this time, the senior slide show will be shown. Masks will be required for attendance.
- Monday and Tuesday, May 17 and 18: Exams for seniors. If you have to take an exam in any class, you must attend BOTH days of that period. For example, you are taking the exam in 4th hour (whether mandated or by choice) you must be here both days during 4th hour. Only those students who have earned the necessary credits at the conclusion of Senior Semester Exams on May 18th will be allowed to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- Monday, May 17: TD Photography will be set up in the cafeteria from 8:00 am until 10:00 am, to take individual cap and gown portraits. This is optional for each graduate. Portraits will not be available the night of graduation. Picture packets will be available in the principal’s office the week before.
- Friday, May 21: Graduation Practice: This will take place at 9:00 on the football field. You MUST be present at practice. This usually lasts about an hour, depending on the cooperation of the students. Gowns and TICKETS will be handed out at this time. If you do not plan on walking at graduation, you must let the office know.
- Saturday, May 22: Graduation begins at 7:30. Students need to arrive by 6:30. Caps/Tassels will be handed out at this time. Please remember the dress code and other Graduation Policies found on Page 11 of the Student Handbook (also available online via the school website).
- The attire of graduates worn under gowns is to be proper and appropriate.
- Females are to wear skirts (knee length or longer) or dress slacks and blouses, or dresses (knee length or longer) with dress sandals or shoes.
- Males are to wear slacks (black, brown, navy or khaki) and shirts with a collar (ties are recommended, but not required) and dress shoes or dress boots.
- Shorts, Tshirts, blue jeans, athletic shoes, canvas shoes and other casual wear are not considered appropriate.
- The attaching of lettering or signs, or otherwise altering the original appearance of either caps or gowns, is prohibited.
- Only stoles, cords and pins approved by the school can be worn during the graduation ceremony.
- Each senior will receive four tickets for reserved seating at graduation and four tickets for general seating, for a total of EIGHT tickets per graduate.
- Seniors and their four guests sitting in the reserved seating must enter into the parking lot through the Tennessee Hill entrance. Any vehicle not containing a graduate will not be permitted into the back entrance. Guests will be dropped off at the back entrance to the football field, and directed to their designated section of the football field for seating.
- Guest seating will be in 6×6 sections on the field and will be socially distanced from the nearest section of guests.
- Masks must be worn at all times by graduates and guests.
- Guests must bring their own chairs for seating.
- The back parking lot will open for entrance at 5:30.
- Once the guests have been dropped off at the back of the football field, the graduate will continue on to park in the parking lot. Parking attendants will have vehicles follow into designated rows.
- Ticketed general seating will be on the bleachers. Those guests with general seating
- tickets will enter through the front entrance of the school. The front entrance will open at 6:15.
- TD Photography will live stream the ceremony on Facebook.
- Safe Celebration: AJ Doors will open immediately after graduation; buses will depart at 10pm. All bags/pillows will be checked. All students must ride the bus to and from SIU. No boots will be allowed, only tennis shoes. Swimsuits must be modest. No speedos, thongs, french cut, or cheeky suits will be allowed.
Continue checking your school email for announcements regarding graduation related information.